There are generally two ways for an immigrating family member to apply for lawful permanent residency status and obtain a green card. -https://santoskhoury.com/family-fiance-visa-attorney
One option is called adjustment of status, which occurs when the immigrant applies from overseas. The other option is called which occurs when the immigrant apples from within the United States. Adjustment of status is preferred for people who are already in the U.S., it is usually more convenient and less costly for the applicant.
You will have your green card 10-12 months after we file your paperwork
We know that you are busy with your life. Our attorneys make getting a green card as easy as possible for our clients.
- We give you access to our client portal
- You provide us the information we need
- We collect all of your evidence and file your case with the government
- You will then go to your appointment for biometrics (fingerprints & photos) and a medical exam
- Afterwards, the government may call you in for an appointment, if you applied for a green card through marriage, the government will determine if your marriage is a fraud.
- Our attorneys will attend this interview with you to make sure you are as prepared as possible.
Common benefits of obtaining a green card:
Green card holders may travel outside of the United States for up to six-months at a time. You are allowed to legally work and live in the United States
You may apply for other family members to immigrate to the United States.
You may own your own business or receive an education at a University or Vocational school for significantly less money
The government will charge you two separate filling fee’s in order to process your green card application.
The first petition is $535.00
The application to adjust status is $1,225.00
If you’re applying for a green card through marriage to a United States citizen, you may file both the family petition and application to adjust status at the same time. This is beneficial because it cuts down the processing time in half.