Message Us on WhatsApp

Green Card Attorney

Immigration Lawyer K1

Green Card Attorney Process

If you’re looking to become a permanent resident in the United States, our experienced immigration attorney k1 can help you navigate the complex process of obtaining a green card.
There are two main ways to obtain a green card: adjustment of status and consular processing.

Adjustment of Status

If you are already in the United States, you may be eligible to apply for a green card through adjustment of status. This allows you to apply for a green card without leaving the country. The advantage of this option is that you can remain in the U.S. while your application is processed, and avoid any disruption to your life or work.

Consular Processing:
If you are outside the United States, you may apply for a green card through consular processing. This involves attending an interview at a U.S. embassy or consulate and obtaining your green card abroad. This option may be necessary if you are unable to apply for adjustment of status, or if you are already abroad and unable to return to the U.S.

Our attorneys have a deep understanding of the adjustment of status and consular processing processes and will help guide you through every step of the way. We will ensure that your application is accurate, complete, and submitted on time, giving you the best chance of success.

Contact us today for a consultation to determine the best option for your specific circumstances. Our team of green card attorneys is here to help you achieve your goal of becoming a permanent resident in the United States.

Green Card Attorney

Immigration Attorney K1

What is the spousal visa process?

The spousal visa process involves a U.S. citizen sponsoring their foreign spouse for a visa to enter or reside in the United States. The process typically consists of the following steps:

  1. Filing the I-130 petition: The U.S. citizen must file Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to establish the marital relationship and sponsor their spouse for a visa.

  2. Consular Processing or Adjustment of Status: If the spouse is outside the U.S., they will need to go through consular processing at a U.S. embassy or consulate. If the spouse is already in the U.S. and eligible, they may apply for adjustment of status through USCIS.

  3. Interviews and background checks: The sponsoring spouse and the foreign spouse will both be required to attend an interview, and the foreign spouse may also need to undergo background checks and medical exams.

  4. Issuance of the visa: If all requirements are met, the foreign spouse will be issued a visa that allows them to enter the U.S. as a permanent resident.

The length of the spousal visa process can vary greatly depending on several factors such as the type of visa, the processing time of the USCIS and the U.S. embassy or consulate, and any additional security clearances required.

On average, the process can take anywhere from several months to a year or more.

It is important to note that the processing times can change frequently and without prior notice, so it is always best to check with USCIS for the most up-to-date information.

Let's Talk