How To Get Your Asylum Work Permit

When will I get my asylum work permit?


Maximize your chances of obtaining an asylum work permit with the help of our expert immigration lawyers! As a leading law firm specializing in asylum cases, we understand the complex process involved in securing a work permit after filing an asylum application.

By ensuring that your application is complete and properly filed, we can help you obtain your Status Authorization Document (EAD) in just 5 months. Our team will work tirelessly to help you navigate the asylum process and secure your right to work in the U.S.

Don’t let the uncertainty of the asylum process hold you back. With our expertise and personalized approach, you can feel confident in your chances of obtaining an asylum work permit. So why wait? Contact us today and let us help you take the first step towards a brighter future!

Optimize your chances of success with the help of our top-notch immigration lawyers. Contact us today and let us guide you through the asylum work permit process!


Asylum Work Permit

What is an EAD?


An Employment Authorization Document (EAD) is a work permit that proves the individual is authorized to work in the United States for a specific period. EAD is issued as a small card for a particular duration. 


U.S. laws mandate that all U.S. employers ensure that employees, regardless of citizenship or national origin, can work in the United States.


If you are an asylee, you do not necessarily need to have an EAD issued by USCIS to show that you are authorized to work in the United States.

If USCIS has granted you asylum, you are not required to file an application for work authorization. The Asylum Office will begin processing your EAD automatically when you are granted asylum.


The EAD is generally valid for one year and can be renewed indefinitely as long as you remain in valid asylee status.

Procedures to apply for EAD 


To start, you must fill out an application Form, I-589, available on the USCIS website. This form must be completed and filed to USCIS along with supporting documentation.

You will also need to submit biometrics, including fingerprints and a photo.


After 150 days have passed since your successful filing of Form I-589 without a decision, you may apply for an EAD. 


To apply for an EAD, you must file Form I-765 with USCIS, the required fee, and supporting documentation.

Once your application is approved, USCIS will issue you an EAD card allowing you to work legally in the United States.

Asylum Work Permit

Filing out your asylum work permit application

For those seeking an asylum work permit in the U.S., filing the Employment Authorization Document (EAD) application (Form I-765) is essential.

Here are the necessary steps to follow when filing for an asylum work permit:

  • First, double-check that you are eligible to apply for the asylum work permit. Our attorneys can help.
  • Next, collect all the documents you need for the asylum work permit application. (These documents include proof of identity, proof of your immigration status, and any additional documents specified on the form.
  • You must then complete the asylum work permit form, which is available online. Be sure to answer all the questions accurately and completely.
  • Once the asylum work permit form is complete, you must submit it to the USCIS along with the filing fee and any supporting documents you have gathered.
  • Lastly, wait for a response.

Following these steps will ensure that you have a successful application process and can obtain a work permit in the U.S.

How long does it take to get my asylum work permit?

 After filing, you can check USCIS’s case status page to monitor the agency’s action on your asylum work permit. Processing times may vary, but the USCIS typically takes up to 90 days to process your asylum work permit.

Once you have received your asylum work permit  authorization, you can begin finding employment.


More Posts

Schedule Your Legal Advice Now


Need legal advice as soon as possible?
Contact us now and get the professional help for your case